Citrusland’s Central Florida History Challenge #3:
The Challenge:
You are no doubt aware of Hamilton Disston of Philadelphia
receiving 4 million Florida acres in exchange for $1 million in cash, funds
which then made it possible for the State to pay in full its pre-Civil War debt
obligations. The first cash installment was made by Disston on 13 September
1881, and at the same time a Darling of a new settlement - Tavares – was in
the design process for a spit of wilderness land separating two large lakes in
West Orange County.
The Tavares original design had one lakeside “Boulevard”, 14 east-west “Streets” and 12 north-south “Avenues”. Of these roadways, the easternmost north-south artery, on the “Township” line, was named Disston Avenue. The roadway still exists today, and is still called Disston Avenue.
Our history challenge #3 is a True or False? “Disston
Avenue of Tavares also encroached on a portion of those 4 million acres that
were acquired by Hamilton Disston?”
Visit
my FREE blog page to find out if your answer is correct by clicking this
link:
CitrusLAND’s Central Florida History Challenge #3 was
borrowed from Chapter 3 of my latest book, Tavares: Darling of Orange County,
Birthplace of Lake County, now available at Amazon.
The correct answer? TRUE! The 4 million acres acquired
by Hamilton Disston starting in 1881 are generally thought of as land in the
vicinity of Kissimmee. His property however included land as well along the
Gulf Coast - at Tarpon Springs, Tampa, and Charlotte Harbor – as well as some acreage
north of Kissimmee, such as four (4) small parcels on each corner of Lake
Eustis.
One of the four Hamilton Disston Lake Eustis parcels was a 56 acre site identified by the letter E on the below exhibit, borrowed from page 45 of my new book (The bold black line below and to the left of the E section aligns with Disston Avenue of Tavares).
Each lettered section above is detailed in Chapter 3 of the book.
The Hamilton Disston land deal was reason enough for
the founders of Tavares to name a road for the man. The town’s concept was to
create a South Florida railroad hub, a plan made possible because Governor
Bloxham (Chapter 4: Bloxham Avenue) had made a cash deal with Disston that
allowed Florida to begin building railroads. Tavares could not be a railroad
hub unless and until Florida’s debt was resolved. But, having a piece of the Disston
property adjoining the Town of Tavares – well, that was merely icing on the
cake for the town founders.
Hamilton Disston decided to sell all four of the small
Lake Eustis parcels, part of the fascinating story of Florida’s “Great Lake
Region’ that I will reserve for Chapter 3 readers of Tavares, Darling of Orange
County, Birthplace of Lake County.
CLICK ON BOOK COVER TO SEE BOOK DETAILS
40
plus want-to-be Orange & Sumter County settlements of May 26, 1887
40
plus want-to-be Lake County communities as of May 27, 1887
362 pages including detailed Index and Bibliography
THE STORY OF HOW LAKE COUNTY CAME TO BE
Visit my CroninBooks.com website to view each of my Central Florida history books.



TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN AMOUNT FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteHello everyone, My name is Mrs. Carolin Glowski, I'm from Europe, am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE after i applied Two times from various loan lenders who claimed to be lenders right here this forum, i thought their lending where real and i applied but they never gave me loan until a friend of mine introduce me to {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} the C.E.O of BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE who promised to help me with a loan of my desire and he really did as he promised without any form of delay, I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} who really helped me with my loan and changed my life for the better. I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan also, So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen on his email address drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com
THANKS
In April of this year my mom asked me to open a credit card to pay for flight tickets. It was supposed to be no more than $700. She said she would pay it off in 2 months. Fast forward 4 months later and my mom sends me a message saying that she accidentally paid the card late that month but she will pay once she gets her next check. Up until this point I’ve never looked at the account because I had no reason to.
ReplyDeleteWhen she told me that I decided to log on and pay off the rest of what she owed because I had some extra money. When I opened the account, I was very shocked to see that she owed over $1,800. I did notice that I kept receiving emails that my credit score was dropping, but I didn’t pay much attention to it . I am a longtime authorized user on one of my mom’s credit cards, and it normally changes based on her activity. Upon further research, I noticed it was significantly dropping because of this card. I got scared because I am in medical school and I’m going to eventually need my credit score for private loans during the third year when I can no longer get money from the government.
To make a long story short, I told her that she didn’t have to worry about paying it anymore because I will take it over. I did this because I had money to help out, and I thought it would be a kind thing to do since she was clearly struggling to pay it off. The only thing that I asked was for her not to continue using the card while I got the balance down. She immediately got defensive and it became a much bigger thing. She cut up the credit card and accused me of trying to hurt her. After that, I removed her from being an authorized user to prevent her from logging onto the account and paying the balance down with money I knew she didn’t have and keep her from unlocking her authorized card.
I am very new to credit, so I thought that removing her was simply removing her access to the account. Our relationship eventually repaired. However, she angrily texted me and told me that her credit score dropped nearly 200 points and it was because of me removing her. I feel terrible because I didn’t know it would happen. Had I known I wouldn’t have done it. So I asked a question on a credit forum. Is it possible that removing her has caused this much damage and if so, what can I do to help her? A friend immediately recommended SAFEPORT CREDIT SPECIALIST. He Testified how Safeport Credit Specialist has helped so many people with their credit issues. So immediately emailed them on: safeportcreditSpecialist@gmail.com he responded and upon reaching agreements with him, he promised to get the scores up back within 12 days maximum and remove all negative items on the report including lates payments/credit card debts. 6 days later all negative items were erased including late payment was all marked as paid on time. SAFEPORT CREDIT SPECIALIST raised her scores to 800+. I’m so excited for what he did for me and my mom. She now has a good credit profile. If you need help in fixing your credit, I’ll recommend you to them and get yours fixed too.
Honestly I do not enjoy writing much, but I have to let the world know about this genius that helped me. Seriously, I needed a home for my family, but I couldn’t get one because of the Evictions, my current scores are in the 400's and dropped from the mid 500’s because of late payments. I recently lost my job and have only been employed recently. I took out tons of credit cards during college to get by and maxed them out. After college due to health reasons I did not always have steady work. Finally, for the first time in my life, I have steady work and can build myself up. However I’ve tanked my credit, I felt hopeless about it. I really would like to get back to the 500’s-700’s by this time next year. I read about SAFEPORT CREDIT SPECIALIST at Quora and Reddit. Few days after I contacted safeport credit specialist they increased my scores to 803 and improved my credit profile by removing the evictions, charge offs and late payments. I’ve never seen such a relentless and amazing service in my life before. They made my next year dream of getting a home for my family come through this year. Got our first key at Kenosha $278k at 6.875%. I swear to God I never believed I’ll be able to get a home for my family this year. Wish I could express how happy I feel now with this message. SAFEPORT CREDIT SPECIALIST really did it for me. I urge everyone to contact them for any related credit issues. Email SAFEPORTCREDITSPECIALIST@GMAIL.COM
ReplyDelete